SEN Co-ordinator: Mrs E Baxter
Local Offer for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) We are a fully inclusive school who strives to ensure that all pupils achieve their potential personally, socially, emotionally and academically in all areas of the curriculum (regardless of their gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, sexual identity, physical ability or educational need). This document is intended to provide information regarding the ways in which we support our pupils, including those with SEND. It may not list every resource and technique we employ, as these are continually evolving and carefully tailored to ensure we meet the specific needs of individual pupils. If a child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, then support provided is detailed within the plan.
For more information on St Walburga's Local Offer, please follow this link to ‘The Local Offer for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND)’ on the Bradford Council Website
If you have concerns about your child’s progress you should speak to your child’s class teacher.
- If your child is identified as not making expected progress or has additional needs the school will set up a meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- Share initial concerns between school and home
- Arrange additional support or interventions your child may need
- Monitor progress and share assessment review
- Discuss any further referrals to other professionals if necessary.