Welcome to Year 2
Mrs Higgins is class teacher with part time teaching 2 afternoons from Mrs Taglione. Support in class is Mrs Brotherton and Mrs Fairhurst.
For children who are currently self-isolating
Below are a couple of home projects to keep your child busy and learning. These are based on the units of work currently happening in school. As well as the ideas and resources below, please keep up with your reading for pleasure and TTRS.
Science - pushes and pulls.
- look for things they can push and pull around the home.
- Measure how far a toy could travel over different surfaces, e.g. carpet, lino, wood, concrete
- Find out on which surface it will go the furthest.
- Create a table to record the result
- Make a bar graph
History - Toys
- make their own board game similar to snakes and ladders, with a decorated board, numbered squares and rules.
- Make your own Tops Trump cards (superheros/disney princesses) rate the categories ie. fear factor, beauty, speed, power, kindness...
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - a website where you can search the age group and subject (English, Maths etc). They have a range of games and activities.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents - twinkl has set up a free ‘parents’ page where you can access a range of activities across the curriculum.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ - read, read, read!
If you wish, please feel free to take photos of work done and email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, have fun :)
Reading books: Can be changed every morning
Library: Can be changed weekly on a Friday afternoon.
Spellings: 5 spellings will be sent home each week. The children will be tested on a Monday so will be expected to be in school.
PE: Please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school at all times. Outdoor kit: t-shirt, shorts, plain jumper, plain tracksuit bottoms and trainers. Indoor kit: t-shirt, shorts, pumps.