Year 4 Class Page
Welcome to Year 4!
Your teacher this year is Mrs Brumfitt...again!
For children who are currently self-isolating
Below are some useful websites and project ideas for home learning. For any work your child completes, please feel free to email pictures and descriptions through to me: email@example.com and I will happily look through them.
As well as the ideas and resources below, please keep up with your reading for pleasure and TTRS.
Useful websites to access a range of materials
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - a website where you can search the age group and subject (English, Maths etc). They have a range of games and activities.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents - twinkl has set up a free ‘parents’ page where you can access a range of activities across the curriculum.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ - read, read, read!
History/DT - can you make your own chocolates?
- Melt chocolate
- Pour into moulds (you can create layers of different chocolate by pouring a small layer, waiting for it to set and pouring a different chocolate on top).
- Decorate as you wish
- Write a product evaluation: did you chocolate taste good? Was the design effective? What worked well? What would you do differently next time?
- Ice cube trays make good chocolate moulds!
Science - Research and create a comic strip to explain how pollination occurs
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/science-ks1-ks2-ivys-plant-workshop-what-is-pollination-and-how-does-it-work/zv4df4j - video clip
- Research and create a poster showing the different methods of seed dispersal.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/znvfb9q - video clip
Stay safe and happy!